Forty Under 40 nominations are now Closed.
To start a nomination, sign in or create an account.
Now more than 20 years old, Forty Under 40 is one of the most sought-after and distinguished business awards for young business leaders in the National Capital Region. Its 800+ recipients include some of the region's most successful and community minded executives. The Forty Under 40 Awards are jointly organized by the Ottawa Business Journal and Ottawa Board of Trade.
The nomination process is designed to be straightforward and collect all relevant facts for the selection committee.
We encourage the nominee to be involved in the nomination process so that all pertinent information is provided and facts are accurate. Self-nominations are encouraged.
Before submitting a nomination, please ensure the nominee meets the following criteria:
- Nominees must be 39 years or younger on June 30 in the year the nomination is submitted;
- Nominees must spend the majority of their work time in Ottawa-Gatineau;
- Nominees must be an owner, executive, manager, professional or person with significant business decision-making authority;
- Preference is given to nominees who work in the private sector; however, nominees can also work for a public or non-profit organization. In either case, nominees will be assessed on demonstrated business-related achievements that advance the goals and objectives of their organization.
Among the benefits:
- You will be publicly recognized as an exceptional leader in published profiles in OBJ and the Ottawa Board of Trade social media channels, email newsletters and advertising;
- You will be celebrated at a $100,000 gala along with hundreds of your fellow recipients and community leaders;
- You will be invited to attend private, invitation-only networking events to foster a strong bond between recipients.
Being named a Forty Under 40 recipient also carries some obligations. Among those are the following:
- An obligation to attend the Telfer EMBA networking event, the first time you will be introduced to fellow recipients;
- An obligation to attend the awards gala and support the event by purchasing a corporate table;
- An obligation to stay connected to fellow recipients and promote the awards program in its continuing effort to recognize business excellence, expertise and value of giving back to the community.
Please review the Terms and Conditions before submitting a nomination.
Please review the FAQ link before submitting a nomination. Here is a list of past recipients: Questions can be directed to:
Phone: 613-236-7029 x 136
Phone: 613-236-7029 x 135